Newest Member

Home Forums New Members Newest Member

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    George Douglas

Hello everyone, my name is Andre Kerstens and I am moving to the Knoxville area from Newark, Delaware. I’m originally from the Netherlands and moved to the States in 2002. Before that I lived in Zurich, Switzerland for about 5 years. I’m a computer software engineer and I work for a startup company called Avi Networks. I have been involved in aviation since a long time, and became a private pilot after I moved to the US. I started flying in San Diego and got my license to learn in El Paso, TX. Tennessee is going to be the fourth state I’m going to live in and I am really forward to checking out the area, both on the ground and from the air! I built a Vans RV7A which I have been flying for 4 years now and lately I’ve been using it a lot to fly between DE and TN. So much better than the airlines! My plane is parked in a hangar at TYS (yes I’ve been very lucky to find a space for my plane!). I hope to have been fully moved in the Spring of 2019, but until then I’ll be going back and forth between the two states. I am currently a member of Chapter 240, which is a very active chapter at N57 airport. We have a chapter hangar on the field, we do pancake breakfasts and young eagles every month and organize flyouts to interesting destinations. I’m part of the chapter events team to organize those trips. Very much looking forward to meeting the chapter 17 members soon and sharing airplane and flying stories.

Andre Kerstens

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.