EAA 866 Member Coming in Hot!

Home Forums New Members EAA 866 Member Coming in Hot!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joe
    Participant

Hi, My wife and I are looking for an escape from the Florida Heat and are looking at the part of the Tennessee Valley NE and SW of Knoxville. I have a 2 place gyroplane, and I am looking for local intel on an airport or airpark community that might make room for us. I have an enclosed trailer which can double as a hangar or shared hangar space could be an option, the gyroplane has a very small footprint. We would appreciate any guidance you could provide. I don’t know if your chapter has any gyronauts, so here is a link to a video of mine flying over the St. Johns River Basin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxLRCJqRLE&t=478s

John
    Participant

Hi Joe,

I’m a relatively new member, and have found that nobody replied to my post on this site months ago, but I’ll try to help. I moved to the Tellico Lake area of greater Knoxville about a year ago, moving my plane down from the frozen north last November. Hangars are at a premium, so I have my plane, and RV-7A, hangared at Crossville, a 2-hour drive from home. There may be ramp space at some airports closer, and I can only address some airports south and west of Knoxville. Monroe County (KMNV) is very friendly, but is tight on ramp space until their next construction project is finished. McGee-Tyson is probably out, due to excess security requirements. Further southwest, there is McMinn Co. (KMMI) in Athens, that appears to have plenty of ramp space. There’s not much around Rockwood (KRKV) but they may have ramp area. Cleaveland, near Chatanooga, has a bit of an attitude since they call themselves a Jetport, so I don’t know if they would allow operations out of a trailer.
    John Tierney

George Douglas

Joe, sorry about the late reply. I am the president of our chapter so give me a call when you get a chance so I can learn more what you are looking for. I have a good network to try and help you. I own 2TN7 and my airstrip might be an option for you. Nice you tube video. If you give me your email I can send you our latest newsletter that just came out today and in our next newsletter I can have your You Tube video and info about you and your wife and what you are looking for so we can help get your word out.
    Best regards,
    George Douglas
    865-376-2053
    george@oilhelp.com

George Douglas

Joe, I forgot to tell you about our DAR and tech councilor Jim Auman who just purchased an AutoGyro Cavalon so he is the only one close to the same category of aircraft you have. He has a hangar at Seymore airpark just east of KTSY and might be able to help you find a place also.
    george

George Douglas

Joe, after looking at your you tube video I realized what a small world it is. I flew out of your air strip last year with your neighbor Scott Malcomb in his RV12’s. I still have a home in Orlando and have been to Geneva several times over the years. We bought an air strip here near Kingston Tennessee back in 2007 and built our residential hangar home over the next 10 years and still not totally done. Let me hear from you.
    george

joe
    Participant

Thank you both for your responses and information. We’re in Rocky Mount NC atm. George, it is a small world. My email is joe@namsinc.net. Once we firm up our plans I will be in touch.

George Douglas

Joe, I tried emailing you but it bounced for some reason.
    george

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.