More than 50,000 men and women worldwide have freely given of their time and talents to share the joy and excitement of aviation with young people.
You can join the ranks in hopes of sparking an early interest in aviation by becoming a Young Eagles volunteer pilot.
Stay Tuned for Information About Our Next Young Eagles Flight
Pilot Requirements & Information:
You may already meet several of the requirements to fly a Young Eagle just by holding a current pilot certificate. Here are the requirements in full, which are designed to ensure your and your passenger’s safety.
To fly passengers in the EAA Young Eagles® program, you must:
- Be an EAA member.
- Complete the EAA Youth Protection Policy, which includes a short training session and background check.
- Have a valid airman’s certificate (sport pilot or greater).
- Possess a current medical certificate or BasicMed (if applicable).
- Be current to carry passengers in the aircraft you plan to use.
- Have a current biennial flight review.
- Conduct flights in an aircraft that is in airworthy condition.
- Have Aircraft Passenger Liability Insurance for the aircraft used (owned, rented, or borrowed).
- Adhere to all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Complete a Young Eagles registration form before the flight, signed by you and a parent or legal guardian.
If you have additional questions or concerns and want to discuss them with us, please feel free to contact our Young Eagles Coordinators.
Marvin & Sandy McGraw